Brakes are an important part of your car. They protect you from collisions and allow you to stop the vehicle smoothly. There are two types of brake pads namely Ceramic and Metallic options. Which ones you require will depend on the type of car you have.
Metallic Brake – Advantages
- These brakes can handle higher temperatures which mean that you will have longer lasting brake pads.
- They can be used in any type of weather condition because of how stubbornly the compounds react to temperature. They are also suitable for every day driving as well as track and race driving.
- They don’t wear easily because of its strong construction.
- Metallic brake pads are significantly cheaper than the ceramic counterpart.
Metallic Brake – Disadvantages
- Metallic brake pads are known to be a bit noisier than ceramic brake pads. This isn’t a major problem but it can be slightly annoying if the brake pads are made of metal.
- They release more dust which can be lodged in the crevices of your vehicle. It’s also an unpleasant part to clean.
- The brake pad itself might not wear easily but it can damage the rotors over time. This could be a costly factor.
Ceramic Brake – Advantages
- Compared to metallic options, ceramic produces less noise making the drive quite pleasant for the person behind the wheel.
- Ceramic doesn’t produce as much dust because it is a stronger component compared to that of metal. The dust is so fine that it just slides through the treads and gaps of the wheel.
- Because ceramic material is technically rock, it has a longer life span than metal. It also handles higher temperatures better than any other types, which means high speed is fine for them!
Ceramic Brake – Disadvantages
- Ceramic brakes are by far the most expensive material to get this component in.
- Although it can handle high temperatures, it is not compatible with cold climates. The chances of it becoming brittle are quite high.
- They have a limited use because they can only be used of day-to-day vehicles. It’s not suitable for heavy duty vehicles and race cars.
When having new brake pads installed into your car, make sure that you get the correct information regarding which material is best for the type of car you own. Also, if you notice anything unusual get it checked. At a brake fitment centre, the technician will be able to properly install the correct system.
We are based in Boksburg and are able to service everyone in the East Rand Area. Don’t take chances with your brakes. If you are in any doubt about your brakes, come to us and get them checked while you wait. We offer a speedy brake repair service. Contact us Phone: 0118267000, Email: email@example.com
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Paresh_Gordhan/2407095