Many risks whether visible or invisible can cause a lot of problems for truck drivers. Rust and damage to certain parts of the truck can be the reason for many accidents on the roads. Driving with a vehicle that’s not roadworthy is one of the main causes for accidents, as engine is not properly checked and parts are not replaced on a regular basis.
Mechanical failures may occur due to faulty or damage parts. Although only a small percentage of accidents occur due to this reason, it is still a risk. The risk of having an accident with damaged truck parts can be greatly reduced by taking better care of your truck.
Maintaining your truck means paying attention to the tyres, brakes, steering, fuel and other safety systems to make sure your truck is safe to drive. Here are some problems you should watch for:
- Check your tyres before you go on a long distance trip. Look for uneven or unusual wear and replace the tyres if they are worn down. Make sure the pressure is correct.
- Don’t drive with bad brakes. If your brakes are making a noise and the red brake light comes on when you apply the brakes, it has to be checked and replaced. Driving with faulty brakes can cause the truck to collide with other vehicles as trucks need require a longer braking distance.
- Worn out or damaged shock absorbers can damage the truck’s suspension and wear tyres quickly. Faulty shocks can cause the tyres to bounce, creating worn or bald spots; this will lead to replacing tyres more often than is necessary. In addition, a worn shock will reduce the driver’s ability to control the truck.
- Never let your fuel level dip too low. There’s a good chance your truck’s fuel filter won’t be able to catch all of it, especially if you drive with a barely filled gas tank on a regular basis. This could damage the internal parts of your truck and the fuel filter will have to be replaced often.
- A component in the steering linkage that may need to be inspected is the coupling between the steering column and steering gear or steering rack. If the coupling becomes worn or separates and breaks, you will lose all steering control.
If you risk driving with damaged trucks parts it won’t just wreck your truck it could wreck your life and your wallet too.
TSE Big Max cc manufactures a number of products such as trailer axles and trailer suspensions. Our engineering workshop also manufactures custom-made components related to the trailer industry.
We are able to supply you with the following: All trailer spares and equipment, JOST equipment, Electrical equipment, Safety and load equipment and All trailer accessories.
Visit our website or contact us on: Tel: +27 11 622 1527 / 010 231 2900 Fax: 086 299 0252 Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Zaid_Majam/2021195